Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cupcake Wars in My Kitchen

This is my very first post on my very own blog! I decided to start a blog as a sort of running cookbook for myself and anyone else who may want to check it out. Lately I've been on a baking binge and it's all about cupcakes. I realize cupcakes are totally "in" right now and I am in no way even close to competing with what you'll find on Food Network or any of the many other channels that are airing pros bringing their cupcake visions to life. However, I am having a lot of fun making these and I thought it'd be more fun to put them online with pictures than to just write the recipes out on cards and stick them in a box on my kitchen counter. Let me also say that all of this started with me wanting to learn how to make a really good home made frosting. I have always purchased my icing even though I bake from scratch and I decided enough was enough- I have to learn how to do this for real. I bought a shit ton of butter and powdered sugar and got to work. The blog is called Cupcakes for Charlotte because Charlotte is my adorable daughter and when she sees these little cakes she gets so excited and watching her eat them is absolutely hilarious and messy. She is also almost 2 now and has really been able to help out in the kitchen more and that just makes these cupcakes that much more fun to make.




Being a stay at home mom to Bean, as my fiance and I love to call her has prompted me to really need a hobby. So I hope you enjoy these cupcakes as much as my family does, and please pray with me that this new hobby doesn't go straight to my ass!


*some of the pics may not be great bc my camera broke and ive been using my POS cell phone camera. sorry :(  Also, please expect me to use this blog to show of how effing cute my kid is!

No comments:

Post a Comment