Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake Cupcakes

It felt like a chocolate kind of day! Here are my chocolate pound cakes made with sour cream. 


1 stick of butter, softened
1 heaping cup of sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
heaping 1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/4 cup milk
The batter made 15 cupcakes that I baked for 30 minutes @ 325 degrees
I really think that using the cake flour lightened it up, which I liked. They came out very fluffy and not as dense as a traditional pound cake. I frosted them with my usual whipped topping only I added more sugar then usual. I wanted the icing super sweet today for some reason. 
3 tbsp softened butter
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
3 1/2 cups powders sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
Charlotte couldn't wait to try one! She was running around the house yelling "Azul, Azul!" She always says her colors in Spanish. She was covered in icing when she was done and butter and shortening are a bitch to clean! Watching her enjoy it is so worth it though!


No comments:

Post a Comment