Monday, May 16, 2011

Banana Peanut Butter Protein Muffins



We've been trying to be healthy over here lately. Summer is coming and the farm has all their veggies getting started which means, lots of salads and then maybe some grilled chicken, steak or pork. I've been making a huge effort to try and eat more protein. In light of this I have been looking for recipes that can boost protein intake. Here is a muffin that I found online and switched up. They are perfect- not too sweet, not too heavy and not too boring where you don't feel like you are getting something as a treat. Here is what I did:
2 bananas mashed
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 stick butter melted
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups flour- I'd rather use whole wheat but I didn't have any today
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder
3 eggs white
I whisked all the ingredients together and baked them at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment