Friday, June 24, 2011

Brownie Cupcakes!


I recently watched an episode of Paula Deen's, from Food Network. She and her guest were making something called Turtle Trifle. basically was brownie, layered with a sugary pecan mixture, whipped cream and caramel syrup. Fucking Fantastic! I absolutely have to make it one of these days. I looked the recipe up today and decided it was too much work and I didn't exactly have all the ingredients for it so I opted to make a brownie cupcake to satisfy the craving. John has a recipe for brownies that is super delicious, I had never really had homemade brownies until I tried his. They have such a different taste. In fact, at this point, with all the baking from scratch I do, nothing that comes boxed, jarred or canned already really tastes right to me anymore. I can taste the preservatives I think. So here is my homage to Paula Dean, and my sexy fiance! Brownie cupcakes with chocolate chips and toasted pecans, with a butter cream frosting. 
3 squares (ounces) unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 stick butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted in a sautee pan
First, melt the chocolate and butter together, add in the sugar, salt, baking powder and flour, then the eggs. Whisk it all together till smooth then fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans. I baked these at 350 for 22 minutes. It made 10 cupcakes. They didn't fall either, thank God, because that was beginning to really drive me nuts!
For a kid who was so pumped to bake chocolate cupcakes today, she didn't do much to help. She basically set up shop with her blankie, pillow and duck and lay down and watched. She's still cute tho! She did make the call on what color to make the frosting. Huge surprise, she picked pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment